2023 Photography Policy
Due to ever-changing seasons, our policies may change without notice. We are grateful and honored that you want to take photographs and capture memories at our farm. We have a beautiful setting with natural and man-made backdrops making our farm a wonderful setting for photography. We want to be able to share our farm with you and your loved ones. Please read through and respect our new photography policy. Photography sessions can only take place during our regular business hours.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY PHOTOS (non-paid photographers, either monetarily or by in-kind trade)
We welcome amateur visitors to take photos during business hours only. No one is allowed on Schilter Family Farm property before or after business hours. Everyone entering Schilter Family Farm property must purchase admission. Use a camera or cell phone. Take photos on any public part of the Farm.
We ask you NOT to:
- Enter any of the areas marked No Access, Do Not Enter, or areas with working farm equipment
- Disturb flowers, vegetation, crops, displays, etc
- Bring any kind of PETS for your photo
- Bring props onto the property
We welcome those who wish to use Schilter Family Farm as a backdrop/setting for any portrait/commercial photography, even if the photographer is not compensated, financially or otherwise. All photographers must purchase a commercial photography pass to offer sessions and everyone entering Schilter Family Farm property to be photographed for a scheduled sessions must purchase an admission per person (when required by season). We require a signed waiver for each professional photo session, and that you follow these instructions:
1. The photographer must purchase a Schilter Family Farm Seasonal Photography Pass, available here
- Photography/Portrait photography is defined as, but not limited to: Senior, Engagement, Family, Graduation, Wedding, Lifestyle, Blog, etc.
- Commercial photography is defined as, but not limited to: catalog, fashion, advertisement, promotion, etc.
2. #schilterfamilyfarm @schilterfamilyfarm_ || Photo Credit/Social Media
All photos shall be identified as being photographed at Schilter Family Farm. Any online photo galleries or images shall have a link to our website www.schilterfamilyfarm.com. If photos are posted online or on social media sites, Schilter Family Farm requests attribution and requests photos are tagged #schilterfamilyfarm on social media (IG: @schilterfamilyfarm_). Thank you for choosing us as your photography site and following our photography policy!
3. Where to check-in and check-out: Our Admissions Booth. Please pick up your lanyard prior to your first session each day, and return your lanyard to our admissions booth at the end of each visit. After we receive your payment for your seasonal photography pass, we will prepare your lanyard. Photo sessions are only allowed during our regular business hours or during designated commercial photo hours.
4. Reservation Instructions/Permits/Photo Waiver/Rules for Props
- Reserve all photo sessions at Schilter Family Farm at least 48 hours prior to your session. Please email email@example.com and request what dates you will be attending so we can have your lanyard ready for you upon arrival.
- Purchase a 2023 Season Photography Pass. The photography pass is $150.00 and is good for any day Schilter Family Farm is open to the public in 2023. This pass must be purchased online here. This pass is for use by the photographer named on the pass and may not be shared with anyone else.
- Anyone assisting the photographer must pay for admission.
- Everyone entering Schilter Family Farm property must purchase daily admission. This includes people who are being photographed and anyone accompanying them for their session (we will provide you with a private link to send to your clients for Wed 9/18 exclusive evening).
- The Photo Waiver, which will be emailed to you after receipt of payment for your annual photography pass, must be filled out for each person being photographed and provided back to Schilter Family Farm by email for each session 48 hours prior to the time of the session. Both the photographer and the client(s) must sign this form in advance of 48 hours of arriving at the farm for your session.
- A lanyard will be provided the day of each photoshoot to you and must be clearly displayed at all times while on Schilter Family Farm.
- If you offer a photo session without pre-purchasing a photography pass, you will be asked to discontinue the session until payment and scheduling has been taken care of.
Photography session times:
- Photography sessions can only take place during our regular business hours.
- Absolutely NO sessions after business hours.
- You can only access the PUBLIC parts of the Farm.
- You may NOT enter any of the areas marked No Access, Do Not Enter, or areas with working farm equipment. You may Not walk to areas of the farm that are outside of our regular business experience (eg. Backfields).
We are a farm first…we want to honor and respect the land and the crops we are growing. Please help us do that.
- Please respect the natural environment and the crops we are growing.
- Use care and caution around landscaping.
- Please supervise all children at all times, this includes the photographer’s own children, while on Schilter Family Farm property. Also, ensure they are not injuring plants, and items that are growing in any way.
- Nothing may be picked and used during your session. Sunflowers and Pumpkins (are available for purchase.
- Multiple clothes changes on site are not appropriate as these can interfere with our other guests.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed under any circumstances outside of the parking area.
- All props must be carried to your photo shoot location. Props or equipment that cannot be carried easily should not be used.
- All props must be removed upon departure and may not be placed where other farm guests will be walking.
- We require that all trash is removed from your photo site.
- Absolutely NO PETS (see pet policy) are permitted on the Farm for photos.
- The use of drones is strictly prohibited.
- All photos should be family-friendly in nature.
- No public area may be closed or blocked to customers during regular business hours during a photoshoot.
- Please be courteous and polite to all visitors and customers.
- Our Staff is not responsible for directing clients to your photoshoot location. Make sure your clients have your cell phone so that they can contact you upon their arrival.
- Schilter Family Farm reserves the right to halt any photography sessions deemed to be disruptive or deemed inappropriate in any way.
- Schilter Family Farm assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to any equipment or belongings.
Any unauthorized portrait/commercial photography sessions will be escorted from the Farm.