Field trips will be offered Tuesday- Friday from October 1st-October 31st. We will no longer be offering field trips on Mondays.
Bring your class to the Schilter Family Farm for a farmtastic pumpkin patch experience! Your field trip will be a guided tour — one of our Farmer Friends will lead your class from one activity to the next. We do our very best to insure your class gets to experience all activities without being overcrowded by another group or class.
- Visit the farm animals in the petting farm.
- Find your way through the hay maze in the barn.
- Enjoy a covered hay ride.
- Pick a pumpkin each child can carry.
- Use the barn to enjoy a snack or lunch.
- After your guided trip has concluded, your group can self guide themselves through the corn maze or the different play areas at no additional cost.
Worried about the weather?
Don’t fret — at Schilter Family Farm we’ve got you covered! All our field trip activities are in covered barns, & even our wagon rides are covered. You might want to bring umbrellas for while your class is out picking pumpkins in the patch, and rubber boots would be great too! After all, we do live in Washington!
Limited availability – book early!
There is limited field trip availability (because we are hands-on!), and our tour schedule does book up. Scheduling our groups helps our farm manage over crowding which allows our farm to maintain an enjoyable, fun, and safe environment for all visitors.
Schedule your class’s trip late August or early September for best selection of dates and times. Make your reservation online now!
Good to know …
- Schedule: Our field trips last approximately an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. Lunch in the barn is a 30-minute time limit in addition to time allotted for the field trip.
- Cost is $6.00/student plus tax
- Teachers and Teacher’s Aids are free.
- All other chaperones are $3.00 each plus tax, to attend the field trip.
- If parents or teachers wish to purchase a pumpkin, they pay for it by the pound at the end of the field trip.
- Please try to limit your chaperones to 1 adult to every 3-5 children.
- We accept for payment: School purchase orders, official school checks (sorry we don’t accept personal checks for individual field trip fees), credit cards or cash. Your group will check in and make payment in the Sweet Shack, not at the general admission booth.
- Kids should be encouraged to wear coats and rubber boots — we pick pumpkins rain or shine.
- Please bring plastic bags for each child with their names already on them (kitchen gargage sacks work great). We are not allowed to hand out plastic bags. Paper sacks tear when wet.
- Sack lunch if you have reserved the barn space for eating at the farm.
Daycare Groups | Home Schools | Mom’s Groups
Groups who arrive unscheduled will be charged the general admission fee plus pay for their pumpkins by the pound and may not be guaranteed admittance to barn activities. To avoid this hassle and to include the pumpkin in the price of your farm visit, please schedule your visit in advance. We require a 10 paid child minimum to receive the school field trip rate. If you arrive with your scheduled group and there are less than the 10 child minimum, your group will be charged for the 10 child minimum rate of $60 plus tax.
Because home school groups do not come with the traditional teacher/classroom, we will allow 1 adult per 10 children to attend free as a teacher; all other adults will be required to purchase the $3 chaperone fee.